- CENTRAL GOVT. NOTIFIES THREE LABOUR CODES
Central Government notifies the following three labour codes passed by the Parliament recently. However, the effective date of these codes is yet to be decided:
- THE CODE ON SOCIAL SECURITY, 2019
- THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, HEALTH AND WORKING CONDITIONS CODE, 2019
- THE INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS CODE, 2019
The labour ministry on 01.04.2020 notified the special scheme of contributing 24% of the employee and employer provident fund share per month for three months to PF accounts of employees earning less than Rs. 15,000 salary to drift over the impact of COVID-19 for small establishments… Click here for Notification
- Enhancement in Funeral Expenses:
ESI Corporation increased the Funeral Expenses from existing Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- being paid on the death of Insured Person.
- Relaxation in the eligibility conditions for availing Super Specialty treatment : ESI Corporation relaxed the eligibility conditions for availing Super Specialty treatment from earlier insurable employment of 2 years to 06 months with contribution requirement of only 78 days to insurable employment of 1 year with 156 days of contributions.
Insured Persons and their beneficiaries to avail Super Specialty treatment free of cost as per revised eligibility.
- Apprenticeship (Amendment) Rules, 2019
Establishment having thirty or more number of workers shall be obligatory to engage apprentices, minimum rate of stipend, etc.. for more details click here
- Proposal for Reducing ESI Contribution Rate to 1% from 1.75% for Employees and to 4% from 4.75% for Employers.
- Notification for allowing EPF member non-refundable advance of 75% in case of continuous unemployment of not less than one month
- Notification regarding making registration and licensing mandatory online on the Shram Suvidha Portal under the Contract Labour Act, 1970.
- Interest Received from Accumulated PF Balance after Retirement / End of Employment can be taxed – Bangalore Income Tax Tribunal Says.
For complete judgment visit : https://www.itat.gov.in/files/uploads/categoryImage/1510565840-858-Dilip%20Ranjrekar-SKY.pdf
- As per amendment of Companies (Accounts Rules) 2018, a statement in the annual report that the company has complied with provisions relating to the constitution of ICC under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 is mandatory. For Notification CLICK HERE
- Amendment to the Trade Unions Act 1926 is proposed to provide provisions for recognisation of Trade Unions. For draft Amendment bill CLICK HERE
- EDLI minimum assurance benefit is enhanced from Rs. 1,50,000/- to Rs.2,50,000/- subject to maximum limit of Rs.6,00,000/-. – w.e.f. 15.02.2018 (for 2 years)